Thursday, July 12, 2012

Campaign for IAC



          My name is Michael Lloyd, I am a 22 year old living in Orlando, FL with HIV,  I have been positive for two years and currently have come to terms with the choices I have made in my past.  I find it very important, to help bring funding to local organizations to help those who need medication and testing, etc, however I am expanding on my role as an activist and speaking out on behalf of personal stories of which I have overcome, and have tremendously effected my life.  In efforts to make a difference I began blogging a year ago ( givinghopeonedayatatime.blogspot.com ) and have been interview on a couple online radio show's about my struggles with addiction and accepting myself after my diagnosis.  I recently started my own online radio podcast, on BlogTalk Radio, of which is entitled; Straight to the Point with Michael Lloyd, on both Wednesday and Friday evenings at 6:30pm.  Some of the issues discussed are homosexual references, as well as heterosexual issues primarily pertaining to health, fitness, HIV, sex, and other social issues.  I recently came to terms and went on the record on my show last night about being sexually abused back in 2009.  I believe its important for young people like myself, to come to terms with being raped.  The stigma behind being raped needs to be released, as for myself confronting the person who raped me, opened up a great deal of opportunity to mentor to other people. 


                                              (Michael's volunteer schedule for IAC)

          It has been a recent decision to go to Washington D.C, for the international AIDS Conference next week.  I have been corresponding with the team, and have 
been given the opportunity to volunteer for the conference, of which I will be doing 'Badge Check', and have also been offered from the AIDS Quilt, to volunteer with the unfolding, and folding of the Quilt during the ceremonies.  I am looking  I am looking forward to attending the conference in hopes to further educate myself on  treatment options, and  ways to bring more awareness to the Orlando area close together, with releasing the stigma of HIV, and relaying the message thats its OK, to  have HIV, and you can still  function, and be healthy and happy, without limitations.  My main goal is to bring back a sense of knowledge to make more of an emphasis  that HIV needs to stop, there is too much damn money spent, on funding for programs, the budget plan for next year for HIV/AIDS 2013 FY report has designated 3% of  the 70 billion dollar plan towards prevention.  Thats beyond unacceptable! Why don't we stop it.  I promise, that I will go to my grave, working as hard as I can, and  speaking out, and making people feel more comfortable as human beings, who aren't perfect and who do make mistakes of which can have more productive lives.   Everyone does have the responsibility of speaking out on behalf of those who have died of AIDS, and of those who do have HIV, need to rise up and take responsibility  for your actions , and  if you were raped like myself and perhaps thats how I got HIV, I don't know, we need to, on behalf of others, make sure this doesn't keep  happening. I ask you to support me, I have raised $100 so far, towards my goal of around $800-900 to go to Washington by next Wednesday.  Please, consider, don't  donate because Michael is asking, donate on behalf of your community, and the future well being of the United States of America. 


Below is the information:


https://fundly.com/michaelsandorlloyd


mikelloyd1989@gmail.com


4077124500

No comments:

Post a Comment