Friday, June 10, 2011

T-G-I-F?

I've always wondered why so many are ecstatic when it comes down to a Friday morning?  I mean, after all, in my humblest of words, it would seem like, sure your "work" week ends however the weekend is time to have a drink and relax, but as for myself for years, (with saying I've really never had to work so I can't relate) the weekend is a time that I reflect on myself, and spend time with family, and just rejuvenate.

  After all, its pretty evident, a majority of us usually go out have a drink at the local bar, drink ourselves to sleep on a Friday night.  In continuum the Saturday routine is usually panned out by the following; a cup of coffee to shield the hangover, some dance music, followed by the occasional facebook post check then a long hot shower, and then we rummage through our underwear drawer looking for something sexy to wear, 'but wait, won't I just be lounging around the house trying to rid this hangover anyway, fuck it, wheres the fresh pair of basket ball shorts?'  Shortly there after you either find yourself throwing a bagel in the toaster, and slapping on a hunk of low fat cream cheese, or the conscious minded health nut who combines, greek yoguart, cashews, and black berries in a bowl and scarfs it down.  Not to mention, adam4adam is going off like crazy upstairs, 'damnt.'  Half the day passes by, and your awaken by your iPhone vibrating on your crotch and Lady GaGa signing, 'Just Dance' and the popcorn you made a mere half hour ago goes flying across the room.  You collect yourself, and see what the hell that person wants, only to find out, your group of friends is meeting at your house to pregame in 30 minutes and then another night at the bar.

Why do we do this to ourselves, why is it the "routine?"  At what point do we say, and I'm going back to the other day's blog, Enough is Enough.  Then again, who am I to say how to live anyone's life, especially in accordance to the additive of alcoholic consumption?  After all I did have the patron bottle in the pool this past weekend at gay days, barely wearing anything but a loin cloth.    I guess this afternoon just think about it, sure getting shitty drunk is a blast, and even better when you can't remember it Sunday evening, third night in.  But remember whats really important. :)

HAVE A GOOD FRIDAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment